Eucharistic Minister Schedules
Please review the Lector Guidelines from the workshop Feb. 2023.
Family Mass (10am) & Teen Lectors (Sun. 5:15) - please note your schedule is now part of the regular lector schedule above.
Lectors: Workbooks for are available for pick-up, contact Maria at the rectory.
New Teen Lectors - Email Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more info.
Please click here to enjoy the poem about the Lector Ministry, shared by one of our lectors.
- All 6 ministers stand on the Parking Lot side of the Sanctuary:
- The first 4 ministers off the Altar should proceed to the middle cut of the Church – one to the Bayview Avenue side, one to the parking lot side and two in the middle/main aisle.
- The last two cover the front- one to the Blessed Mother side and the other to the St. Joseph side.
- If there are priests concelebrating or additional deacons assisting, they are the Ordinary Ministers of the Eucharist, so less EMs will be needed for that liturgy; please adjust accordingly.
- Please sanitize your hands (bottle located in the sanctuary) after you receive Holy Communion and before distributing to the congregation. Hand sanitizer bottles have been placed on the pews at the break, so that they are available should someone ask for Holy Communion on the tongue.
- No communicant in the Diocese of Rockville Centre may be denied the reception of Holy Communion on the tongue. This is an individual’s right as stated in the General Instruction of the Roman Missal and reinforced by the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments in its instruction, Redemptionis Sacramentum.
- If the minister of Communion senses that her/his fingers have made contact with a person’s mouth, he or she should pause and use hand sanitizer before returning to the distribution of Holy Communion.
You are also encouraged to use hand sanitizer after you receive Holy Communion.
EMs Please review: Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion Guidelines February 2023
Contact Barbara Pope at the rectory.